Thursday, June 2, 2011

Falco Magico


I really enjoyed performing "Spot goes to the Circus" at Falco Magico last week! There were two days of shows each two different performances for varying age levels. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to attend one of the performances as well as to be in the show itself the next day. Seeing the show was a really fun time. All of my students had some familiarity with the story line since I had read the book to them a couple of times and we were going over a lot of the animal names in class, however they are still only four years old so the actors really did a good job making sure that they enunciated and spoke very slowly. They also really enjoyed the songs that we sang throughout the performance especially since each song was played twice so that the students could remember the song better the second time and get a little more excited about singing and dancing to it. Being on the other side of the stage and being an animal in the circus was also so much fun! I tried very hard to make sure that the audience had just as much fun as my students did when they saw the show. I think that putting on a show of the book was a really good idea and helped me to not only expand my students understanding of what the book was about without having to translate the words but it also got them excited to read it again and talk about the animals in English. I also realized how important enthusiasm is when trying to help a student understand something or get excited about learning something. Knowing that we were having fun as actors really helped the kids in the audience feel like they could get up and participate and have as much fun as we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment